Vincenzio Montella has admitted he will miss out on winning the Serie A title this season.
Article 01Of course, the Bianconeri’s next two games will be crucial for the club as they seek to finish as runners-up.
The 33-year-old made his Serie A debut in 2008 and has since won two league titles and two Coppa Italia trophies.
But after being left out of the starting XI at the start of the campaign due to injury, the former AC Milan and Fiorentina striker returned to the starting lineup on January 2 and has made a huge impact.
“I’ll do better,” Montella said.
“When you’re playing in the first team you can’t think of the championship but if you’re not playing in that league then you can still play, that’s how I think.”
But we have to make sure that we keep improving.
I’m always happy to play in Serie A but I won’t be able to be the player I used to be and it’s a big disappointment.
“The Bianconero has made 17 league starts since returning to the first-team squad in January and has scored five goals.”
For me, it’s difficult because I’ve played for the past 10 years and I’ve had to play more than 200 games.
I’ve been a professional for a long time and I’m not satisfied with the results, but I have to be patient,” he said.
Mariano Moratti (right) scored Milan’s opener in their 2-1 win over Juventus in the CoppaItalia first legAt the start, Montella had been expected to play the full 90 minutes, but the veteran did not feature after sustaining an injury.”
It’s not easy to play, especially against Juventus because they’re a big club with a lot of players, they have a lot in their team, they’re one of the best teams in the world, so you have to prepare well for everything,” he added.”
We played well in the opening game but we didn’t get a result, so I’m happy.
“The next two matches will be important because we’ve lost the first leg, but we have a chance to win.
We can’t lose in this league.”
At the moment, we are a bit behind, but it’s always possible.